Tuesday, April 28, 2015

I Did It

This post is late. I need to be more consistent with posting, even when "life gets in the way"...still.

So, I graduated from University on the 23rd of April, 2015.

And maybe it's strange, but I do not feel that it was my biggest accomplishment this year. 

My biggest accomplishment for me was that I went to a recording studio for the first time two days AFTER I graduated, and recorded a song. What an experience! I'll be honest, I was intimidated by recording studios for a LONG time, but the studio I went to was such a great environment to be in, I'm going back for round two as soon as I can! 

Here's proof that I was there:

I was being a perfectionist ;)


Oh, and here's some proof that I graduated:

I was doing what I needed to do to get by ;)

Now, don't get me wrong. I do not take college for granted...I just know that sometimes I did things for the wrong reasons, to please others, and it felt like the joke was on me. I can't believe I told you that...and at the same time, I can't believe I'm admitting to you that college has actually taught me something; that I need to do what I really want to do in life and not let anyone or anything get in the way of that...no matter what. If you want a dream to manifest, nothing will stand in your way unless you allow it to. So I'm pursuing dance AND songwriting, and YouTube, and blogs, and auditions, and jobs and the World. That's the big "Plan" after grad. And I'm no longer going to feel bad about wanting to do more than one thing, more than what a piece of paper in the mail tells me I am capable of. I'm going to do as much as...I want. 

This is how it works
You're young until you're not
You love until you don't
You try until you can't
You laugh until you cry
You cry until you laugh
And everyone must breathe
Until their dying breath


Read more:  Regina Spektor - On The Radio Lyrics | MetroLyrics 



No comments:

Post a Comment